LINCOLN–(KFOR Apr. 27)–Early dismissal for students at Lefler Middle School, after a gas leak forced the evacuation of the building early Thursday afternoon.
A tweet put out by Lincoln Public Schools said that “your child is safe” in reference to the gas leak. A contractor hit a gas line outside of the school near 48th and “F” and out of an abundance of caution Lincoln Fire and Rescue evacuated the school.
IMPORTANT: Lefler Evacuation – school dismissed early
— Lincoln Public Schools (@LPSorg) April 27, 2023
As of 12:30 Thursday afternoon, no one is allowed to return to the building.