KC Getaway Spring 2023 Rules
104.1 The Blaze KC Getaway 2023
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
These contest-specific rules should be read in conjunction with Alpha Media’s General Contest Rules, which are applicable to all contests conducted by Alpha Media Holdings LLC and/or its subsidiaries (including licensee subsidiaries).
Sponsor(s): KIBZ (104.1 THE BLAZE) 3800 Cornhusker Highway, Lincoln NE 68504,
Stop N Shop 4801 Randolph Lincoln NE 68510, 5640 S 16th St Lincoln NE 68512, 2200 N 48th St Lincoln, NE 68504, 8511 S 33rd St Lincoln NE 68516, 1502 W O St, Lincoln, NE 68528. 410 US-6, Milford, NE 68405, 1845 Grove Ave, Crete, NE 68333 and 300 W Eldora Ave, Weeping Water, NE 68463 and Linpepco 1901 Windhoek Dr, Lincoln, NE 68512 (collectively, “Sponsor”).
- PROMOTION DATES
The 104.1 The Blaze KC Getaway Spring 2023 (“Promotion”) will begin on 5/8/22 at 12:01am CST and end on 6/2/23 at approximately 6:00pm CST.
- The deadline for internet entries is 6/1/23 11:59pm CST, the deadline for phone entries is 6/2/23 2:59pm CST, and the deadline for manual entries is 6/2/23 4:59pm CST.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except NY and FL) who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live in Station’s listening area, which includes the following counties: Lancaster, Butler, Seward, Saline, Jefferson, Gage, Johnson, Pawnee, Otoe, Cass, Saunders, Sarpy, Dodge, Merrick, York, Polk, Fillmore, Thayer in Nebraska. Employees of KIBZ (the “Station”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other broadcast stations in the Station’s listening area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station conducted contest/sweepstakes. Listeners are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more once every six (6) months.
- Winner must complete prize paperwork at 3800 Cornhusker Highway Lincoln NE 68504 to accept their prize. Must present valid ID to claim prize.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- ENTRY: To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s):
VIA MANUAL REGISTRATION – Visit Stop N Shop on 6/2/23 between 4:00pm and 4:59pm and complete a manual registration from fir last chance to qualify.
VIA TELEPHONE – Listen to 104.1 The Blaze weekdays 5/8/23-6/2/23 from 10am-6pm. When prompted be the corrected caller to 402-464-1041 to qualify for the overall grand prize. At the time of their call entrants must provide all requested information, including their first and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, and date of birth. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s telephone system is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
VIA INTERNET – Go to kibz.com and follow the links and instructions to enter and submit the required information, which may include your first and last name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and a valid email address, in the online entry form. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
When listening to KIBZ via an internet signal there is a slight delay which will impact the delivery time of any cue to call.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submission of an entry, an entrant releases Facebook from any responsibility or liability for the Promotion’s administration, prizes or promotion. You are providing entry information to the Station and not to Facebook.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
Once qualified, you are unable to qualify again within the contest period.
- PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING
- A minimum of two (2) qualifiers will be selected each weekday 5/8-6/1 and one will be selected on 6/2 via telephone entry (no qualifying on 5/29 Memorial Day), for a total of thirty-seven qualifiers. A minimum of twenty (20) qualifiers will be selected via internet entry for a total of twenty (20). A minimum of ten (10) last chance qualifiers will be selected from on site registration at Stop N Shop 16th and Old Cheney Lincoln NE on Friday 6/2/23 4:00pm-4:59pm CST.
- ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED; Grand Prize package includes two tickets to Avenged Sevenfold and Falling in Reverse in Kansas City on 9/26 @ T-Mobile Center, one night hotel stay 9/26 near the venue, and a $100 gas card.
Total minimum prize value: $300
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final. Qualifiers must arrive at Stop N Shop 16th and Old Cheney between 5-5:30pm no later than 5:30pm on Friday 6/2 and check in with Blaze staff to be eligible for the final drawing. A random drawing will take place at approximately 5:55pm CST on 6/2/23 to determine the overall grand prize winner. Must be present to win. The winner will be contacted via phone following the drawing event with instructions to claim/coordinate their prize.
- Winner(s) must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and release, publicity release, and/or guest/traveling companion release within five (5) days of notification or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner(s) may be chosen by random drawing. If a potential winner(s) cannot be contacted, fails to complete, sign and return any required affidavit of eligibility and release, publicity release, and/or guest/traveling companion release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner(s) will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
- Unless otherwise specified in the prize notification, all prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the Station at the address below. The winner(s) will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within five (5) days of winning. Prize or prize certificates will not be mailed to the winner(s) without the winner’s or winners’ prior written consent in which the winner(s) shall agree to assume its risk of loss. The Station, its sponsor(s), or promotional partner(s) are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Station or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, the Station may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return to the Station any required release.
- By participating in the Promotion, you:
- agree to grant the Station a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, telecast, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit the items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of your contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
- acknowledge that the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
iii. represent and warrant that: you are 19 years of age or older; you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to the Station the license provided for herein; you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; you are either the parent (or legal guardian) of any minor featured in the Materials or have received the express consent of the parent (or legal guardian) for any such minor to appear in the Materials and to enter the minor’s likeness in the Materials in the contest; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, the Station in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification. By participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the Station, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. The Station may also require eligible Promotion winner(s) and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner(s), guest(s) or travel companion(s) are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return to the Station any required release.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the Station’s website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the Station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Station reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible for any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Station’s control.
To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “Official Rules” or “Winner List” to 104-1 The Blaze KC Getaway 2022 Winner List or Official Rules Request, KIBZ 3800 Cornhusker Highway, Lincoln NE 68504. A copy of the Official Rules and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of KIBZ 3800 Cornhusker Highway Lincoln NE 68504. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.
Sponsor(s): KIBZ (104.1 THE BLAZE) 3800 Cornhusker Highway, Lincoln NE 68504, Stop N Shop 4801 Randolph Lincoln NE 68510, 8511 S 33rd St Lincoln NE 68516, 5640 S 16th St Lincoln NE 68512, 2200 N 48th St Lincoln, NE 68504, 410 US-6, Milford, NE 68405, 1845 Grove Ave, Crete, NE 68333 and 300 W Eldora Ave, Weeping Water, NE 68463, Linpepco 1901 Windhoek Dr, Lincoln, NE 68512, (collectively, “Sponsor”).