Weather Alert

Fire At Apartment Complex Caused By Cigarette

A fire Sunday night at an apartment building just east of 33rd and Holdrege was caused by someone not putting out their cigarette properly on the deck of a third-floor apartment. Investigators say the fire spread from the deck into the attic of one unit. Smoke damage was found in two other apartments. No one was hurt in the fire. The cost of the damage is at least $20,000.

READ MORE: Man Wounded In Face With BB Gun During Disturbance 


Connect With Us Listen To Us On